OPEN TRACK GUIDELINES
"Open Track" = No Reservations Needed Nor Available
Click Here for Safety Requirements
CLICK HERE for Info About Hosting an Open Track Family Party
ABCRI's Open Track Program is an important part of our educational mission. The heart of our Open Track Activities is
1) instructing and supervising parents as they teach their children to drive and 2) facilitating
healthy, family bonding activities.
Parents (or Adult Family Guardians) are required to attended and actively participate in Open Track Activities. Box Car Track activities can be used year-round for school and youth groups, birthday and other family events, and for employee team building.
Our open track family activities occur on the weekends and during major holidays because most parents work.
YEAR-ROUND BOX CAR OPEN TRACK HOURS
Families and groups can come to the ABCRI Box Car Track in Kunia
without a reservation during the following Box Car Open Track Hours:
Fridays, Saturdays 2:00 pm -- 6:00 pm
Sundays 9:00 am -- 1:00 pm
Major Holidays (which are both Fed & State ) 2:00 pm -- 6:00 pm
NOTE: Track Time begins 30 minutes into session (i.e. 12:30, 2:30 or 9:30)
click here for RC Open Track Hours
Only Exception To Our Regular Open Track Hours:
President's Day 2015
Monday, February 16, 2015 -- 2:00 pm -- 6:00 pm
Over the years we have found more people by far come on the weekends,
because that is when most parents are not working.
For this reason we normally schedule Open Track Hours Only on
Friday-Saturday-Sunday and Major Holidays,
We appreciate your understanding.
We are a small nonprofit organization and must be extremely efficient with our overhead.
Over the years we have found most people by far come on the weekends,
because that is when most parents are not working.
Even if the kids are out of school, most parents still must work.
Program Fee (for up to 4 hours)
First Visit: $9 each watch or drive, includes Track Pass
Next Visit(s): $7 each watch or drive IF bring current Track Pass
If Track Pass is lost, forgotten or expired, Program Fee = $9
Exceptions: Kids 4 & Under Are Free
PROGRAM FEE IS FOR USE OF FACILITY: DRIVING, TRAINING &/OR WATCHING
NOTE: If you are bringing another family's child PLEASE bring their parent, too.
TRACK SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
1. Parents/Family Guardians Must Come With Youth (under 18)
2. Everyone Must Wear Sports Shoes Covering Feet Entirely--Watch or Drive (No Crocs, Toms or sandals)
3. Youth (under 18) Must Wear Long Pants Covering Ankles Fully (No leggings)
4. Helmet * With Strap Required For Each Driver/Rider
5. Adults Train & Supervise Youth On Track
6. Adults Rotate As Track Marshals, Enforcing Track Safety Rules
7. All Participants Required To Attend Safety Orientation
8. Waiver Required to Attend Any Activity (Watch or Drive)
1. Bring Your Own Helmet With Strap if Possible
2. Or Rent Bicycle Helmet At Track For $2 Each--Sizes To XL
Note: Ages 1 to 6 double up with parent, 7 and older drive solo as able.
Our Track is located in the rear section of the Royal Kunia Park & Ride in Kunia, about 2 miles west of Waikele. The park and ride is at the corner of Kupuna Loop & Kupuohi Street. Once you turn into the parking lot, look for our checkered flags. Click Here for a map to the track. Our office is in Honolulu, about 18 miles east of the track.
TRACK LIABILITY WAIVERS
Each family is required to complete and sign a Track Waiver of Liability upon entering our facility.
Instructions will begin only after every family member shows the instructor their hand stamp received after signing the waiver. Our Waiver is on page two of our Invitation and is recommended to be enclosed with your invitation.
FOOD, DRINK & MUSIC
Click Here for Papa John's Pizza & Taco Del Mar Catering Options. You may also bring your own food and soft drinks. No cooking or food machines like shave ice are allowed. Sterno food warmers are OK (use with care). Drinking water is available, but drinking foundations are pending. We have neighbors close to the track. Please leave boom boxes, noisemakers, etc. at home.
NO ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED ON ABCRI PREMISES...!
If any alcohol is found, the group activity will end immediately with NO REFUND given.
Open Track participants share the following:
Use of a tent next to the track
3 tables 8' long and 20+ chairs in the tent
Use of a fleet of about 8 box cars during track time
Safety Instruction so parents can learn to teach their kids how to drive box cars
(Track Time begins 30 minutes into session (i.e. 2:30 or 9:30)
For liability reasons and considerations of others we ask that you not bring in extra tables and chairs.
HOSTING AN OPEN TRACK FAMILY PARTY
If you are planning an "Open Track Family Party", please note the following:
1. An "Open Track Family Party" means you are inviting other families to come
Please call BC at 382-5653 to give us a "heads-up" what you are planning
3. No reservations are taken, however, and there is no obligation on your part
4. Please make sure that each of your invited families bring with them a
completed Track Waiver on the back of the invitation (one per family, each person attending on the waiver)
5. If you are paying for everyone, please bring a list with the names of each person you are
planning to pay for on it, organized by families
6. Payment is by cash or local check only (for any box car activity)
7. Please No Helmet Sharing at Open Track (for safety and slows up others)
8. Please leave party decorations at home so other people will feel comfortable sharing the tent with you.
9. PLEASE CALL EACH INVITED FAMILY, TALK TO A PARENT AND TELL THEM THE FOLLOWING:
A. At least 1 parent or family guardian must come with the invited child
B. Parents need to come prepared to teach their children to drive as instructed by
ABCRI staff. Parents get to drive, too!
C. Helmet with straps are require for each Driver/Rider
D. Everyone must wear sports shoes (such as tennis shoes) which cover their feet entirely
to be able to step onto the track (to drive or train),
INCLUDING PARENTS WHO DO NOT PLAN TO DRIVE,
so they can help their kids on the track as needed
Youth (under 18) must wear long pants which fully cover their ankles
F Read carefully both pages of the invitation from our website
CONSIDERATION OF NEIGHBORS
We have neighbors close to the track. Please leave boom boxes and noisemakers (etc.) at home.
RESERVATIONS & DEPOSIT
Reservations are not available and payment in advance is not required for Open Track use of the Box Car Track.